Greatness Begins at Alhambra Traditional School . . .
and Lasts a LIFETIME!
Under Arizona State law, students may attend any public school outside of their attendance area. Alhambra School District established an open enrollment policy that enables students to attend any Alhambra school free of charge for nonresident students and resident transfer students.
Nonresident student means a student who resides in this state and who is seeking enrollment in a school district other than the school district in which the pupil resides.
Resident transfer student means a resident student who is enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a school that is within the school district, but outside the attendance area, of the pupil’s residence.
If there is excess capacity to enroll additional students, the following enrollment priorities are followed for admittance of students. Enrollment preference shall be given to:
· resident transfer students whose school of attendance is categorized as being in “school improvement” and parents request a transfer to a district school that is not in “school improvement.”
· resident transfer students who were enrolled in the school the previous year and any sibling who would be enrolled.
· nonresident students who were enrolled in the school the previous year and any sibling who would be enrolled.
· resident transfer students who were not enrolled in the school the previous year.
· nonresident students who were not enrolled in the school the previous year.
* If capacity is limited, to enroll of these students, they shall be selected from a waiting list based on the date the variance was submitted to the principal.
The district will determine admission of nonresident and transfer students based on the following criteria:
Parents interested in enrolling their children through the open enrollment process must complete an Open Enrollment Application and submit it to the school principal. Principals will notify parents if the application was accepted, or if the student was placed on a waiting list due to capacity limits.